Philippines: Pork Minimum Access Volume Guidelines Released

  |   Attaché Report (GAIN)   |   RP2021-0034

On June 26, 2021 the Philippine Department of Agriculture released the guidelines for implementing the increased tariff rate quota for pork imports, known as Minimum Access Volume (MAV). MAV Management Committee Resolution No. 1 supplements Executive Order 133 from May 10 by clarifying that 70 percent of the additional 200,000 MT of pork imports under MAV (i.e., MAV Plus) will available for importers from July to October 2021. Applicants can avail of the remaining 30 percent (60,000 MT) from November 2021 to January 2022, with both tranches allocated on a first come, first served basis.

Related Reports

The COVID-19 pandemic boosted organic food sales in the EU, enabling it to overtake the U.S. market in 2021. However, spiraling inflation combined with high food and energy prices will likely reduce organic food sales in most EU markets in 2022.
Attaché Report (GAIN)

Philippines: Pet Food Market Brief

With one of the highest dog and cat ownership rates in Asia, the Philippines presents a growing opportunity for U.S. pet food. As pets became more popular household companions, especially during the pandemic, pet ownership and pet food sales have grown immensely over the past five years.
Attaché Report (GAIN)

Canada: Grain and Feed Update

In the marketing year 2022/23, wheat production increased more than 50 percent from the previous year to 33.8 million metric tons on increased area planted and higher yields due to improved soil moisture.