Chile: Food Processing Ingredients

Chile has consolidated its reputation as one of the main players in the global food industry. Chilean food processing sector represents 25 percent of the country´s economy with annual sales of $34 billion. The food processing sector is working on a series of projects focused on sustainability, the development of functional ingredients and specialized natural additives, food packaging, and technological development for agriculture. The Chilean food sector is the second most important sector in the country after mining. Twenty-three percent of Chilean exports correspond to food production, and 31 percent of the companies in Chile belong to the food sector, generating 23 percent of the country's jobs. Currently, Chile exports 75 percent of its food as fresh and semi-processed food products, and the remainder 25 percent as processed food products. In addition, Chile enjoys a robust commercial network thanks to its 29 trade agreements with 65 countries.

Chile: Food Processing Ingredients