Contact: email@example.com or (202) 720-7115
WASHINGTON, Nov. 2, 2018 – Representatives from nearly 50 U.S. agribusinesses and farm organizations will join Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) Administrator Ken Isley on a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) trade mission to Seoul, South Korea, Nov. 5-8.
“Korea is consistently among the largest and most reliable export markets for U.S. agriculture and the U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement, known as KORUS, has opened up even greater opportunities,” Isley said. “This is my first trade mission as FAS administrator and I’m delighted to be joined by a large delegation of business and state government leaders from the U.S. who are seeking to capitalize on those opportunities.”
Participants will meet one-on-one with potential customers and learn firsthand about local market conditions through a series of briefings and site visits, ultimately positioning themselves for successful business dealings in South Korea.
In addition to representatives from the following companies and organizations, Isley will be joined by Nebraska Director of Agriculture Steve Wellman, Virginia Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry Bettina Ring, and officials from the Georgia and Missouri departments of agriculture.
- 7Bev Corporation, West Linn, Ore.
- 7seas-group, Plano, Texas
- All Berry and Fruits, Portland, Ore.
- Bard Valley Date Growers, Yuma, Ariz.
- Blue Diamond Growers, Modesto, Calif.
- Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Milwaukie, Ore.
- Bridgepathway, LLC, Jericho, N.Y.
- California Fresh Fruit Association, Fresno, Calif.
- Cherry Central Cooperative, Inc., Traverse City, Mich.
- Cibo Vita Inc., Fair Lawn, N.J.
- CKJY Exports, Lemoore, Calif.
- Commercial Lynks Inc., Alexandria, Va.
- Dairy Farmers of America, Kansas City, Kan.
- Dragonberry Produce, Canby, Ore.
- East-West International Group, Inc., Moreland Hills, Ohio
- Everhealth Natural Vitamins, Inc., Los Angeles, Calif.
- Floyd Wilcox & Sons, Inc., Rexburg, Idaho
- Gayland Ward Seed Co., Inc., Hereford, Texas
- Graceland Fruit, Inc., Frankfort, Mich.
- Great Pacific Nut Company, Westley, Calif.
- Idaho Potato Commission, Eagle, Idaho
- Inkrumah Agriculture, Export, & Food Services Inc., Atlanta, Ga.
- International Marketing Brands, Kirkland, Wash.
- Ioka Marketing/Farms, Silverton, Ore.
- Kizable Candy LLC, Clearwater, Fla.
- MCT Dairies, Inc., Millburn, N.J.
- Meta Foods LLC, Atlanta, Ga.
- North Bay Produce, Inc., Traverse City, Mich.
- Oregon Potato Commission, Portland, Ore.
- Oregro Seeds, Inc., Albany, Ore.
- OSKRI Corporation, Mills, Wis.
- Pacific Cheese, Co., Hayward, Calif.
- R&G Potato Co. Inc., American Falls, Idaho
- Raasch Family Farms, Liberty, Mo.
- Redwood Trading Group, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Royal Ridge Fruits, Royal City, Wash.
- Schreiber Foods Inc., Green Bay, Wis.
- Sea Watch International, Easton, Md.
- Supervalu Inc., Tacoma, Wash.
- TeaAroma, Inc., Carson, Calif.
- United Dairy Ingredients Group, LLC, Montebello, Calif.
- US Fresh Export LLC, Rosemead, Calif.
- U.S. Grains Council, Washington, D.C.
- USA Rice Federation, Arlington, Va.
- U.S. Soybean Export Council, Chesterfield, Mo.
- Vitaminseed, Chisago City, Minn.
- Wilbur Packing Company, Live Oak, Calif.
- Wild Blueberries of North America, Old Town, Maine
Learn more about this and other USDA trade missions by visiting https://www.fas.usda.gov/topics/trade-missions and following FAS on Twitter at @USDAForeignAg.
NOTE TO REPORTERS:
Administrator Isley will hold a teleconference from Seoul with U.S. media on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 8:30 a.m., EST. Reporters wishing to participate must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 5.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.