Trade Advisory Committees: Applying for Membership
Nominations are accepted on an ongoing basis. Complete nomination packages should contain:
- Form AD-755 (Advisory Committee Membership Background Information). Click here for a fillable PDF version. Click here for an MS-Word version.
- A resume or statement of qualifications.
- A cover letter with the following information included:
- the applicant's international trade expertise and qualifications to represent the specified industry sector;
- which of the seven committees the applicant is applying for;
- if the applicant is to represent an entity or corporation with ten percent or greater non-U.S. ownership; and
- if the applicant is a federally-registered lobbyist.
[NOTE: Pursuant to the Revised Guidance on the Appointment of Lobbyists to Federal Advisory Committees, Boards and Commissions, published by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on August 13, 2014, federally-registered lobbyists may not serve on an advisory committee in their individual capacity as special government employees or SGEs. Lobbyists may serve on an advisory committee in a representative capacity, which means that they are specifically appointed to represent the interests of a nongovernmental entity, a recognizable group of persons or nongovernmental entities (an industry sector, labor unions, environmental groups, etc.), or state or local governments.]
- Should the applicant be seeking to represent the views of a specific organization (i.e., employer), a sponsor letter is required. The sponsor letter should be on the non-Federal governmental entity's letterhead and contain a brief description of the manner in which international trade affects the entity and why the applicant should be considered for membership.
All nomination packages should be mailed (e.g., FedEx, DHL, UPS, USPS) in a single, complete package to Thomas Vilsack, Secretary, U.S. Department of Agriculture, 1400 Independence Avenue SW., Washington, DC 20250-1001, Attn: APAC/ATACs. Courtesy copies should be sent to this email address – ATACs@fas.usda.gov.
Detailed Information on committee membership and nomination/application is contained in the Federal Register. See Notice and Request for Nominations: Agricultural Trade Advisory Committees (04/06/2015).