South Korea: Changes to Korean Import Allocation System for Oranges
On November 4, 2022, the Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corporation (aT) announced the results of the 2022 U.S. orange tariff rate quota (TRQ) allocations. Korea switched to a new license allocation system this year, replacing the import rights auction process used in prior years. A key piece of the new allocation system is that 80 percent of the total TRQ is reserved for importers with historical import volumes, while the remaining 20 percent is reserved for new importers. This report contains a translation of Korea’s announcement detailing the implementation process for the new allocation system, as well as a list of the companies that received import volume allocations for the 2022 U.S. orange TRQ.