On November 4, 2022, the Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corporation (aT) announced the results of the 2022 U.S. orange tariff rate quota (TRQ) allocations. Korea switched to a new license allocation system this year, replacing the import rights auction process used in prior years. A key piece of the new allocation system is that 80 percent of the total TRQ is reserved for importers with historical import volumes, while the remaining 20 percent is reserved for new importers.
India notified its draft Plant Quarantine (Regulation of Import into India) (Second Amendment) Order (2022), to the Sanitary-Phytosanitary (SPS) Committee of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and is inviting comments.
On Monday, February 28 Mexico's Ministry of Economy released the Mexican Official Standard NOM-173-SE-2021 - Denominations-Specifications- Commercial Information and Test Methods for Prepackaged Non-Alcoholic Beverages with Fruit or Vegetable Content.
Since March 1, 2021, the Indian government’s Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has required a mandatory Non-Genetically Modified (GM) and GM-Free status certificate status for the 24 listed crops in its order.
On November 9, Burma published new negative import lists that indicate the products required to have import licenses with notification 18/2021, which included apples, grapes, oranges, pears and butter and milk products.
The Philippine Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) on November 10, 2021 issued Revenue Memorandum Circular No. 112-2021, clarifying that all imported unprocessed fruits and vegetables are exempt from the 12 percent value-added tax.
On Saturday, November 6, Mexico's National Service for Agricultural Health, Food Safety, and Agri-Quality (SENASICA) published on its website the Phytosanitary Requirement Sheet (HRF by its Spanish acronym) for U.S. potato imports to the entirety of Mexico.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) recently updated Importer Attestation Form 5961, which is required for shipments of romaine lettuce from the California counties of Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, San Benito, and Monterey.
On September 13, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) released details for the re-implementation of additional import requirements pertaining to romaine lettuce, and products containing fresh romaine lettuce, from the United States.