Guatemala: Guatemala Drops Individual State Phytosanitary Requirements
On July 12, 2018, Guatemala announced new phytosanitary requirements for U.S. non-processed agricultural goods that will allow many more U.S. agricultural products to enter the market. Previously, Guatemala approved non-processed agricultural products from individual states. The new phytosanitary requirements apply to the entire United States except where specific restrictions exist. At least 70 percent of the products in the list do not need additional attestations in the APHIS Phytosanitary Export Certificate. For the other 30 percent of the products, please double check potential new or modified requirements in the present annex.