Helpful Hints for Completing an SF-424
For McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program
In addition to the “Instructions for the SF-424” document, USDA/FAS has prepared the following information to help in completing this form. This guidance is intended only for applications under the McGovern-Dole program. The items below correspond with the entry number on the form.
1. Select the appropriate box under “Application.” Most applications will be “Non-Construction.”
2. Provide the final date that your organization submits the application. No applicant has been given an identifier so this item should remain blank.
4. USDA/FAS will complete this item.
7. Non-profit or voluntary organizations should select the letter ‘N’ and then specify their organization type in the line provided. Please provide indication of “Faith-based” or “Non-faith based.”
8. All applicants should select “new” under this item, even if they participated in the pilot Global Food for Education program. The McGovern-Dole program is a newly legislated program.
9. Write “USDA/Foreign Agricultural Service.”
10. There is no number for this section, but the following title should be entered: “McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program.”
11. The project description should be similar to either sections 5(a) or 6 (e) of the Plan of Operation.
12. Please list the country(ies) of donation.
14. (a) Self-explanatory; (b) N/A.
15. (a) Total cash requested from USDA/FAS; (b) Total cash and in-kind contributions that your organization is contributing to this proposal; (c) In most cases this will be N/A; (d) In most cases this will be N/A; (e) Total amount provided through other sources, e.g., USAID, State Dept., private contributions, foreign government assistance, etc.; (f) Estimated proceeds and interest received through monetization; and (g) Total of all items (a through f.)
16. Check the box labeled “NO, Program is not covered by E.O. 12372.”