United States Department of Agriculture
Foreign Agricultural Service
Search All USDA
Exporting U.S. Products
Buying U.S. Products
You are here:
U.S. Exporter Assistance
We offer a number of programs that help agriculture exporters finance the marketing and distributing.
To read about all Export Credit Guarantee programs visit
or click on the link of interest below.
Export Credit Guarantee Program (GSM-102)
- Underwrites credit extended by the private banking sector for up to three years on exports of food and agricultural products.
Facility Guarantee Program (FGP)
- Provides payment guarantees to improve or establish agriculture-related facilities in emerging markets.
Dairy Export Incentive Program (DEIP)
- Aims to develop export markets for U.S. dairy products where they are not competitive because of the presence of subsidized products from other countries.
SBA International Trade Loan Program
- Provides financing for small businesses to expand their market or upgrade their facilities to improve their competitive position.
- Loan, guarantee and insurance programs for exporters.
Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- Export loan guarantees.
For more information, also visit "
Additional Resources and Information:
FAS AgExporter Magazine
- Special edition about Export Credits Programs. Includes several articles about program usage and success. June 2002.
- A Question & Answer Guide to Trade Finance for U.S. Small Businesses. (.ZIP file directly available for
Contact the USDA Foreign Agricultural Service | email us at
Economic Research Service
World Agricultural Outlook Board